G# WhiteStarUML Plug-in Getting Started
1. Install WhiteStarUML, G# Framework and G# WhiteStarUML Plug-in and restart LabVIEW.
2. Start WhiteStarUML.
3. First you must decide if you want to analyze existing LabVIEW G# classes in a LabVIEW project. This is called Reversed Engineering. You could also draw some UML classes and their relationships and then generated these classes as LabVIEW G# classes. This is Code Generation.
4. Let start with Reverse Engineering. Switch to LabVIEW and open the G# UML example in LabVIEW. File->Open Project… Browse and select <LabVIEW>\examples\AddQ\G# UML\G# UML Example.lvproj.
5. Go back to WhiteStarUML and create a new project from File-> New Project By Appraoch… and select G# Approach.
6. Select Tools->Reverse Engineer…
7. Select the G# UML – Example from the list and press ‘OK’. The analysis of the G# classes start and the UML diagram will be generated.
8. A new UML class diagram called “G# UML – Example” and also an UML package called “G# UML – Example” has been created.
9. Done! Save and close the UML project and close the LabVIEW example.
10. Let us continue with Generate Code. In WhiteStarUML, open the UML example from File->Open… Browse and select <LabVIEW>\examples\AddQ\G# UML\G# UML Example.uml.
11. Select Tools->Generate Code…
12. Select the G# UML – Example from the list and press ‘OK’.
13. Specify where the classes should be created. Select icon colors. Press ‘OK’.
14. The classes will be created in a new LabVIEW project.
15. Done! Save the LabVIEW project.